UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus over their involvement in the Super League project.
Spanish and Italian clubs were among the 12 founding members of the competition set to compete in the Champions League.
The majority of the teams involved withdrew from the plot days after its announcement in April amid threats from football associations and protests from supporters.
Barca, Madrid and Juventus have not announced their withdrawal, however, and UEFA said this month that an investigation would be opened.
The case is set to be resolved as UEFA on Tuesday declared its intention to punish the three clubs.
A statement from the governing body of European football says: “Following an investigation by UEFA ethics and discipline inspectors in connection with the ‘Super League’ project, disciplinary proceedings have been initiated. opened against Real Madrid CF, FC Barcelona and Juventus FC for a potential violation of UEFA’s legal framework. “
The three clubs issued a joint statement earlier this month criticizing FIFA and UEFA, saying they had faced “unacceptable pressure, threats and infringements from third parties to drop the project.”
The other nine teams involved in the project – Arsenal, AC Milan, Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Inter, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham – were hit with financial penalties but said they were still engaged in the competitions of UEFA and renounced the plot to form the Separatist League.
In addition to being punished by UEFA, Juventus risk being banned from competing in Serie A due to their role in the Super League intrigue.